The Albert Lea Audubon Society was begun in 1948 with 16 charter members.
Its stated purposes were:
- To stimulate among its members and the community an increased interest in ecology and nature study, particularly ornithology
- To promote sound conservation policies
- To develop programs that would contribute to civic and cultural life
- To do these things through educational, scientific, literary, historical and charitable pursuits
These statements were reaffirmed in 1983 when the Society was incorporated, and a Foundation was established.
The Albert Lea Audubon has, for all these years, sponsored among other things:
- Field trips
- Audubon Adventures programs for area classrooms
- A booth at the Freeborn County Fair
- Participation in the annual nationwide Christmas Bird Count.
We look forward to doing more of the same, along with exciting new projects, to continue the mission set forth in 1948.
Please help, as you are able, with your moral and financial support, and your willingness to volunteer for special projects.